Thunder Bay Golf
& RV Resort
Hillman · MI 49746
- The Destination
Thunder Bay Resort & RV Park makes an ideal destination for couples, families and small to medium sized business meetings or retreats. This beautiful Michigan location offers many interesting
- Elk Viewing Dinner Ride Package Events
- Northern Michigan is the place to be during the beautiful days of Summer. Enjoy Thunder Bay's horse drawn carriage ride. Travel through the Resort and cross the Thunder Bay River to see newborn calves
- Elk Viewing Gourmet Dinner Packages
- Now more than ever the simple enjoyments of life are to be appreciated. Take a break from the stress and strain. Relax for a few hours or a few days. No need to travel far from home to enjoy all that nature
- Elk Antler Log Cabin
- The horses know the way to the Elk Antler Cabin, deep in the woods beside a bend in the Thunder Bay River. This elegant cabin maintains its rustic appearance while providing every amenity. Warm yourself
- Wine Tasting
- Murder Mystery Weekends
Have you ever imagined yourself in a live game of Clue?? That is just the way it feels to be a sleuth in Thunder Bay's Murder Mystery Weekend. As the dessert reception begins on Friday Night, so does
- Romantic Winter Getaway!
- Hear the Sleigh Bells Jingle... Romance is in the air
Listen to the jingling bells and muffled hoof beats of the Percheron horses as they pull your sleigh through the forest over the sparkling white snow
- Memorable Weddings
/* Style Definitions */
- Holiday Party
- Make Some Warm Winter Memories!
A unique way to celebrate any occasion. Available midweek or selected weekends. Complete with lodging to accomodate your business, association or organization. These
- New Year's Eve
- Happy New Year! Join us for the feast and festivities!
An Elk Viewing cozy sleigh ride through the forest and river, to the Elk Antler Log Cabin and the special nine course Gourmet Dinner, Wine
- St. Patrick's Day
- COME & PARTY WITH US!
Mike Ridley Live! Exclusively at the Charming Elk Antler Log Carbin
Elk Viewing Carriage/Sleigh Ride & 9 Course Gourmet Dinner, Wine Tasting & Cocktails
- Music & Comedy of Mike Ridley
- A featured act at The Comedy Castle, you'll enjoy Mike Ridley as he weaves his sassy stories, anecdotes and humor in and out of a seemingly endless well of music and laughter. Join us on March 16 for our
- The Horses
The gentle giants of Thunder Bay certainly qualify for the title.
"We stand over 6 feet at the shoulder and near 8 when our proud necks are arched displaying our willingness to safely haul our
- Thunder Bay Resort Staff
- From your first phone call to our reservations staff, you will feel the Thunder Bay difference. The difference is we genuinely care about you, the guest.
Whether you need help selecting a package, purchasing
- Arnie's/Thunder Bay Resort Scrapbooking Event
Women, Wine & Scrapbooking Time!
Scrapbook Retreat Celebrating Delicious Michigan Wines At Thunder Bay Resort!
October 11th, 12th & 13th!
Enjoy the Fall Season in beautiful
- Thunder Bay 2012 Summer
Thunder on The Bay - Battle of the Bands
Sundays 3pm-9pm July 15nd thru September 2nd
$5 Dollar Admission
Thunder On The Bay is a Battle of
- Wine Lovers Weekend
- Taste the Unique Flavors of the Sunrise Side
At Thunder Bay Resort!
CALL TODAY FOR SPECIAL PROMOTIONS AND DEALS!
During your two-night stay, experience up
- Lodging, RV Park, Dining & Resort Real Estate
- Enjoy the beautiful views from our well appointed lodging.
All come with cozy fireplaces.
Thunder Bay offers Deluxe Suites, Whirlpool Suites, Villas and Chalets. From one to three bedrooms one of these
- Lodging and Dining
- From spacious suites and villas to chalets or even a completely furnished log home along a river, that are nestled within the heart of the resort and golf course, in any season, you will find the quality
- Relax with a Gorgeous View of the Golf Course
Thunder Bay's Suites include one bedroom with two beds (1 queen and 1 double), kitchenette, split bathroom and a living room with a deck overlooking the
- Thunder Bay's Villas offer plenty of space and privacy
Thunder Bay's roomy Villas include 2 bedrooms with a total of 4 beds, 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen and a living room with a deck overlooking
- Surround yourself with "Up North" charm and the amenities to make your stay perfect in one of Thunder Bay's Chalets
Chalets include 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, full kitchen, dining room, living
- Thunder Bay offers Tasty Food and Friendly Service
From casual dining to an outstanding gourmet dinner, we have it!
The Clubhouse Grill
offers full American Style Breakfasts and hearty lunches
- Fairway Home
- Situated in the midst of hardwood trees, evergreen trees and clean air, the fully furnished model offers 1950 square feet of living space on two levels with two bedrooms, three baths and an open loft area
- Online RV Reservations
- During summer and fall, Thunder Bay offers you 18 holes of challenging golf, tennis, a chalet hot tub, restaurant dining, high speed wireless internet and our amazing elk viewing, gourmet dinner and wine
- The Fairways of Thunder Bay Resort
- The Fairways at Thunder Bay Resort features 14 full wooded golf course sites and will be restricted to homes of 1,500 sq. ft. or larger plus an attached 2-car garage. Exterior sidings will be log, 1/2
- Real Estate
- Whether your ideal "Up North" getaway overlooks a championship golf course or includes a natural river with country charm, Thunder Bay has it. All lots come with Lifetime Family Golf Membership.
- Thunder Bay Heights
- Thunder Bay Heights
- Wooded Golf Course Sites
Lifetime Family Golf Membership! 1400 sq. ft. of Living Space, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths
Public Water and Sewer Natural Gas Heat and Central Air Conditioning..Refrigerator
- Existing Homes for Sale
- Thunder Bay Resort Guidelines
use only, single family sites 61 through 98, and single or multiple
family including condominiums on sites 1-60 and 99-104.Minimum living area for single family dwelling is 960 sq. ft.
- RV Park
- Nestled within the Thunder Bay Resort is a beautifully landscaped RV Park. Each of the 23 sites are level, pull through, full service, with water/sewer, Premium Satellite TV, 20/30/50 amp
- Lifetime Family Golf!
Lifetime Members ofThunder Bay Golf CoursereceiveThe Northern Club Golf Passallowing play all season at:Black Bear Golf ClubChestnut Valley Golf ClubFox Run Country ClubIndian River Golf ClubThe NaturalWhite
- Message Boards
- Thanks for stopping by our message board area. Below you will find links to all of our message boards where you can discuss everything about the resort, including your experience with us, provide feedback
- Clubhouse Grill
At Thunder Bay Resort we have something for everyone. Our championship golf course is perfect for any level golfer and the Resort offers lodging for any size group. With on site dining available,
- Golf Package Pricing
- LOWEST PRICES EVER!
On Northern Michigan's Finest Golf Package
Elk Ridge - Red Hawk - Thunder Bay
2 Nights Villa Lodging (2 Bedrooms - 4 Beds & 2 Baths) Plus 2 Full Breakfasts
- Pro Shop
- Thunder Bay Golf Resort maintains a fully stocked Pro Shop. They carry several lines of equipment, including Titleist, TaylorMade, Ping, Ben Hogan, PowerBilt, and SquareTwo. Custom fitting is available
- Course Layout
- No. 1. Par 4
Big hitters can carry pond on left, off tee (220 to clear pond from white tee.) Keep second shot below hole for birdie try.
- Golf Lessons
- Lesson Rates
1 lesson - $30.00
Series of 3 for $75.00
*Discounted rates for Juniors available
John Kuzewski, Golf Professional
call to book—
- Lifetime Family Golf
- Lifetime Members
Thunder Bay Golf Coursereceive
The Northern Club Golf Pass
allowing play all season at:
Black Bear Golf Club
Chestnut Valley Golf Club
Fox Run Country Club
- 2012 Outings & Scramble Schedule
Friday, July 20
9 am shotgun start
- Golf Rates
Call 989-742-4875 for Tee Times
Opening - April 30; October 1 - Close
9 holes walking
9 holes w/ cart
- QUILT RETREATS
- Quilter's Retreat Newsletter
Everything we do here at the Thunder Bay Resort is aimed at making your retreat time memorable. Each retreat is special and unique in its own way. But one thing
- What it's Like
check out a retreat! (YouTube)
What they are saying about us...
"A jam-packed four days with lots to see and learn. The Elk Ride and dinner came just at the right time for a good break
- 2010 Retreat Dates & Instructors
- 2010 Retreats:
Some retreats will be staffed by popular local teachers and some retreats will have prominent national teachers. We promise you one thing...you will never be bored!
- Mark Lipinski - June 3-6, 2010
- Hey Mark! MARK LIPINSKI INTERVIEW - "A CREATIVE MUSE"
Returning June 3 - 6, 2010!
$75 surcharge • Square Swap Theme – Edible Prints
- Mary Lou Hallenbeck, June 24-27, 2010
- June 24-27, 2010
Square Swap Theme: Patriotic Prints
Class: SURPRISING STACKABLES
Kit Fee will be: $30.00
Stacked fabric projects let the fabric produce most of the design work while keeping
- Sherrie Jaqua - August 26-29, 2010
- Sherrie Jaqua
Come be a part of the Second Annual Murder Mystery/Mystery Quilt Workshop at Thunder Bay Resort! A heinous crime has been committed at the resort during a beautiful fall weekend
- Ann Zemke, Oct. 14-17, 2010
- About Ann...
My passion for quilt making began in 1972 when I took my first quilt making class through a community education program. My mother wanted to attend the quilt making class but unable to, she
- Oct 21-24, 2010 - Special "UFO"!
- Do you have UFO’s (UnFinished Objects) or PIG’s (Projects in Grocery Sacks) that you just don’t seem to have time to finish?
Square Swap Theme: Fall Colors
How about joining
- Kay Nichols - Oct 21 - 24, 2010
- About Kay...
Kay Nickols is a professional quilter who is known for her enthusiastic teaching and trunk shows. She is a former teacher and administrator. Since she has retired from the world of academia,
- Amy Davidson - April 29 - May 2, 2010
- Square Swap: Spring Themed Fabric
Please scroll to the bottom of page for Class Supply List
Amy's Bio: My name is Amy Davidson and I'm just like all the other quilters out there. I love to quilt and
- Gyleen Fitzgerald - September 4 - 7, 2008
- Quilting is my passion!
I've been quilting since 1981 and began needlework at the very young age of 4. My Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from Drexel University combined with my love
- Edyta Sitar - October 9 -12, 2008
- Edyta's love for fabric began at a very early age when she cut her mothers' drapes to create her first fabric project. Her mother recognized Edytas passion for fabric and she taught her the skills required
- Pam Hively - October 16-19, 2008
- Vendors: Quilt House of Indian River; Patches & Lace - Alpena
Class: "Folded Fabric Sampler"
This unique quilt is an eye-catching wall hanging that makes people ask "How
- Nancy Odom - June 25-28, 2009
- Quilt designer, author, and teacher Nancy Odom has several books and numerous patterns in publication, with more pattern and book ideas always in the works. Also among her creations are Quilter's Gloves
- Joan Shay - August 27 - 30, 2009
- Class: Nantucket Hydrangea Basket
Whether you are a beginning quilter or an expert in appliqué my 3-D Appli-bond technique will allow you to add exciting realistic three-dimensional appliqué
- Sue Nickels - October 22 - 25, 2009
- Class: Machine Applique Flower Basket
Sewing Machine - Blanket stitch used, zigzag may work as an option. Don't forget your foot pedal and power cord.
Open toe Applique Foot - a MUST for
- Jeanne Perrine - November 5 - 8, 2009
- Meanwhile please visit Jeanne's website: JeannesEclecticDesigns.com
Bio: Jeanne has been featured on America Sews with Sue Hausmann (Episode 2108 - Check your local PBS listings for time and date!), taught
- Quilter's Treasure, July 8-11, 2010
- Quilter's Treasure is a family owned & operated business. Joel & his wife travel the United States approximately 45 weeks out of the year, attending quilt & fabric shows, meeting new people
- Dessert Welcome Reception
- Leave all the interruptions behind you when you check into a world where we understand that quilting is first and foremost in your life. At least for 4 days and 3 nights anyway! After you have moved into
- Typical Schedule
- Day 1
12 Noon - 7 p.m. - Arrival. Pick up "Mystery Project" bag and Welcome Packet, turn in Square Swaps.
7-8:30 p.m. - Dessert Welcome Reception and Wine Tasting
8:30-9:30 p.m. - "Show
Thunder Bay Resort
- Show & Tell
- "Show & Tell" is an opportunity to share with other quilters. It might be your favorite project or an unfinished object that you show. You might tell a story about a class or event that you
- Trunk Shows
- Everyone does a trunk show.
Everyone thinks they do a great trunk show. But until you see the trunk show we bring to our retreats, "You ain't seen a Trunk Show!!!"
That's all I can say about
- We do something a little different around here as far as Vendors go. We have them participate in your retreat, not just sell to you.
Typically 2-4 vendors are invited to set up stores in the Pine Cone
- Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
- Dress - What Should I Wear? Depends on the season just assume that very, very casual is the mode of dress.
For the dinner ride - you should come prepared for the season. October through November anything
- We are interested in exchanging links with web sites that have content complimentary to ours. We welcome reciprocal link requests from sites related to quilting, sewing, needle arts, quilting retreats,
- The "Barn"
- The Pinecone Quarters ("The Barn") is located a short distance from your lodging. It is comfortably heated for colder weather and air conditioned for warmer weather. The building is cozy with
- Enter to Win a 4 Day, 3 Night Quilt Retreat Package
- Contest runs Feb 20-April 30
Winner Drawn May 1, 2010
1 entry per e-mail address, per week
Prize: 4 Day, 3 Night Perfect Quilt Retreat for 1 person
Winner will be notified via e-mail address
- Lodging & Meals
- Lodging Choices:This is not the usual set up for a retreat. There are neither bunk beds nor a pot belly stove! You won't have cold feet in the morning or have to wait to use the bathroom down the hall
- Local Attractions
- Make Thunder Bay Resort your Vacation Central
VISIT MICHIGAN'S SUNRISE SIDE
"Get Out and Explore Area's Natural Beauty"
by Sue Latuszek
Northeast Michigan offers a variety of
Make Thunder Bay Resort Your Lighthouse Headquarters!
October 2010 Lighthouse Festival
Live Nautical Entertainment, Performing Artists Lighthouse & Lifesaving Exhibits, U.S. Coast Guard, Nautical
- Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary
- Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary
- Canoe & Kayak Livery
Welcome to Thunder Bay River and in the nearby village of Atlanta - the Elk capital of Michigan, you can rent canoes and kayaks. This moderately paced river winds through the woodlands of Mackinaw State
- Agawa Canyon Tour Train, Ontario, Canada
- "Naturally Gifted", signifies the beauty of the region, Sault St. Marie, Ontario, Canada (about two and a half hours from Thunder Bay Resort) - our location along the shores of
- Charity Island Dinner Cruise
- Charity Island Dinner Cruises
CHARITY ISLAND DINNER CRUISES
Dinner Cruises to Charity Island aboard the 50 ft. passenger Ferryboat "Northstar" will be running all summer begining Mid June.
- Bus Bash 2008
Come to Michigans Sunrise Side
on Memorial Day Weekend for what promises to be one of the biggest and
the best Bush Bash ever! The 49th Bus Bash will open up an entirely new
region as a destination
- Stoney Acres Winery
- Stoney Acres Winery offers a wide variety of wines that can be sampled in our Tasting Room during all hours of operation.
Visit our friends at Stoney Acres http://stoneyacreswinery.net/
- Sunrise Side Wine and Hops Trail
- Sunrise Side Michigan Wine & Hops Trail
Michigan’s Sunrise Side has some of the most unique beer and tantalizing wines to be found anywhere. You can sample what the Sunrise Side has
- Chartered Group Tours
- Sure to be a hit as a one or two night stay or a four-hour stop over!
A Sampling of The Best of Northern Michigan
Are you looking for a truly unique and interesting travel itinerary? Head your
- Contact Us
Please use this handy contact form to let us know how Thunder Bay Resort can take care of you. If you would like to sign up for our Special and Promotions Email announcments, fill in the required fields,
- What they are saying about us...
"PURE Michigan" Blog
"Your Next Wild Weekend" - Byron Goggins video
"One of the Ten Best Sleigh Rides in the Country"
- "Dear Jan, Jack and Staff at Thunder Bay Resort,
We just wanted to share with you our delight in this past weekend at Thunder Bay. There wasn't a dull moment! The weekend went by too fast. The sleigh
- Watch Videos!
- See for yourself what Thunder Bay Resort is all about!
Thunder Bay Soars Above
Elk Viewing Sleigh/Carriage Ride, Gourmet Dinner & Wine Tasting Experience
Golf Thunder Bay Resort
- We are easy to find just 20 minutes west of Alpena and 50 miles East of Gaylord
Alpena Airport just 15 minutes away
27800 M-32, Hillman. Just 21 miles West of Alpena and 54 miles East of Gaylord. Secluded,
- There are lots of great options to choose from at Thunder Bay Resort.
Just relax and enjoy the lodging or let us fill your stay with fun and choose a package such as our award winning Elk Viewing
- Gift Certificates
Please look through our list below for the denomination of each Package that we offer at Thunder Bay Resort. We have given this pricing list in case you would like to purchase the full package for that
- Plan your Trip!
- Call Melanie at 800-729-9375 or cell: 989-657-6911 for information and availability.
Many attractions locally available for day tripping.
*Some need advance booking
- Elk Ranch, Velvet Antler, Hunts, Antler Craft
- Thunder Bay Resort is unique in offering an intimate look at wild elk. The setting for your experience is Northern Michigan's charming back woods. You begin by boarding a horse drawn carriage or sleigh
- Trophy Hunts
Anchor Creek Elk Ranch Guided Elk HuntsAnchor
Creek Elk Ranch & Thunder Bay Golf & RV Resort, located near
the rural Northeastern Michigan Village of Hillman, offer the unique
- Elk & Deer Antlers
- Elk And Deer Antlers from Anchor Creek Elk Ranch
We have a wide variety of shed Elk and Deer Antlers for sale. They are available as single antlers or as matched pairs. Elk antlers range in size from
- Antler Craft
- The elk and deer antler crafts that we have here at the Resort have all been hand made by local artisan's who are also part of the Thunder Bay Resort Staff and Family. Each piece is O.O.A.K. (one of a
- Velvet Elk Antler
- Are you, your family or friends troubled by any of the following?
Allergies, Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Asthma, Anorexia, Anemia, Heart Disease, Arteriosclerosis, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, High
- Velvet Antler Research
A recent study of American weight-lifters taking velvet antler supplements showed positive results. The subjects in the Benedictine University study were 34 men from 18 to 35 years of age. Each had
- Calendar of Events
- Celebrate Northern Michigan with our special activities and events!
Go To Calendar
- Fishing Packages on Fletcher's Pond
- Planning a Floodwater fishing trip?
Call us at 800.729.9375
for special lodging rates!
Thunder Bay Suite Details & floor plan: Suites
Thunder Bay Chalet Details & floor plan:
- Dear Jan and Jack and Staff at Thunder Bay Resort, We just wanted
to share with you our delight in this past weekend at Thunder Bay. There
wasn't a dull moment! The weekend went by too fast.
- Pure Michigan Promo
- Thunder Bay Resort is Pure Michigan!
Once again, Thunder Bay Resort has teamed up with Pure Michigan to present you outstanding deals on the most unique and memorable experiences! To take advantage
- Calendar of Events
- Click Here for Thunder Bay's Calendar of Events
- Calendar of Events
- Celebrate the Summer... Please be our Guest for Fun and Dancing at Thunder Bay for our "House Concerts"
Go To Calendar
- Take a Holiday
You Deserve A Vacation and what better time than now! For a limited time only, Thunder Bay Resort has teamed up with Deal Chicken bringing you a 55% super savings on 2-Nights in one of our Deluxe
- Last Minute NYE 2012
- The "I Can't BelieveThey Pack So Much Crazy Into One New Year's Bash" Special
Are you ready to blow the roof off this bad mamma-jamma?! Thunder Bay is counting the days until our Ridonkulous
- February eDeal
Spring Into Fun With Thunder Bay Resort!
2013 is bringing HUGE FUN and with spring just around the corner, Thunder Bay Resort is offering HUGE SAVINGS for awesome upcoming events!
- Living Social 2013
Back by popular demand! Sample 18 wines from 5 different Sunrise Side Wineries at Thunder Bay Resort in Hillman, Michigan. Wine expert or novice – you’ll enjoy Sommelier Tom
- HOG Rally
Waves crashing on the beach shore, beautiful Northern Michigan backcountry and the thunderous roar of 1000 motorcycles! Thunder Bay Resort is excited to be apart of this year’s Hog Rally